Remuneration: Trainee Award Rates – Based on education level and years out of school.
- Get qualified, while working and gaining experience as a Draftsperson
- Work one-on-one with a Draftsman, providing guidance and support
- Establish your career with a reliable, flexible and rewarding company
We have the opportunity for someone motivated, focused and ambitious to join the Thomas Scaffolding team as a Trainee Draftsperson, while completing their Cert IV in Engineering Drafting. Completing your certificate while also being employed and gaining direct experience is not only the fastest way to building your career, but it guarantees employment within the sector, as you are already part of the team. As we have branches in Forster, Coffs Harbour and Tamworth, you may be based out of whichever location is most convenient, as our systems are cloud-based, so your position requirements can be fulfilled without physically being in our Head Office,
We are proud of our strong core values that focus on providing a seamless client experience from engagement to project completion, and very importantly, ensuring a rewarding, growth-orientated and reliable workplace for our employees to succeed in.
The Trainee Draftsperson is responsible for providing support to the Draftsman to produce scaffold designs, gear lists, prepare the quotation of scaffold works and facilitate material inventory management for the Forster, Tamworth and Coffs Harbour Branches.
- Work with the Draftsman to create scaffold designs and detailed sections
- Prepare take offs
- Prepare cost estimates
- Prioritise workload to achieve deadlines set by the Draftsman
The Successful Candidate
Our team is the reason for our success, so we are very interested in you and how you would fit with the team and the culture. We are seeking someone who:
- Is a strong communicator
- Is reliable, innovative, trustworthy & respectful
- Has a keen interest in design & the construction industry
- Can prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Has a high attention to detail
- Has advanced computers skills and is especially proficient with Excel.
- Ideally has experience with a design program previously, such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, Fusion 360, but not required.
If you are keen to start your career in design, and are confident you exceed the requirements, then please apply through the Join Our Team page of our website at thomasscaffolding.com.au. I look forward to hearing from you.
Only applications including a resume and cover letter will be considered.